In 1980 Ronald Reagan asked us, “If not us, who? If not now, when?” I now ask myself those same questions--and my answer is to step up and do something about it.
I’m running because the capitalist/free market system that has allowed my wife and I to come from nothing, yet go on to live the American Dream, is being put at risk in favor of a rising strain of Socialism. This is happening right here in Minnesota, and it’s being pushed by Angie Craig’s far-left crowd.
I have the energy, toughness and experience to win this race—I’ve done it before—and as your Representative I will “Be Not Afraid” to address the serious problems of exploding healthcare costs, the rising national debt, immigration, foreign trade, national defense and many more.
The bottom line is that these issues are not being solved in Washington DC, they won’t be solved by partisan screaming, and they certainly won’t be solved with Socialism. I believe in:
- Fighting to retain the rights bestowed in the Declaration of Independence: the rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
- Fighting to keep the liberty and limited government guaranteed in our Constitution.
- Fighting for the chance for you, your children and your grandchildren to live your American Dream.
My approach -- I follow the facts, but start with the following guiding principles:
- Free markets and freedom are the answer—ever-increasing government and socialism are not
- Preserving the individual liberties envisioned by our Founding Fathers is critical
- Shouting at each other instead of listening to each other will never produce real solutions
The experience I bring to win AND more effectively represent you:
- Minnesota: Co-Chair Spring Lake Precinct, Scott County; Judicial District 1 Deputy Chair; Alternate: State Central Committee, State Convention, CD2 Committee
- Former Republican State Representative, District 55, Michigan
- Defeated liberal Democrat in a Democratic leaning district--I won through vigorous personal efforts and precisely targeted messages, despite being grossly outspent
- Recognized for conservative voting record--dealing head on with unfunded liability, work on funding crumbling infrastructure, co-sponsor of successful “Right to Work” bill and called a “model legislator”
- Managed multiple campaigns for Republicans in Washington State
- Attorney, Republican Caucus of the Washington State House of Representatives for 3 sessions